Saturday’s Book: A TRIPLE Feature!

I certainly never imagined that during these busy days of graduation events I would end up with a “triple feature” for Saturday’s post.

It started off last Saturday, when I began the book “Reading Lolita in Teheran” by Azar Nafisi. The title and the topic sounded really attractive to me; women finding comfort in literature under a repressive regime. I was really looking forward to reading this book!

However, I was very disapponted. I do not like the way the book was written and could get no farther than the first few chapters. The topic seems so full of potential but I could not read this book.

So I moved on to “That Old Cape Magic” by Richard Russo. Much better! Although not as WOW of a book as “Empire Falls” was, I enjoy his tale involving academic types, screenwriters with the familiar backdrop of New England (cape refers to Cape Cod, of course!). Russo really writes well! Still reading this one.

Meanwhile, I finally resolved the big “audio book debate” and am happily listening to “The Blind Assasin” by Margaret Atwood. I guess all is well that ends well after all! More about THAT book next week. The laundry really piled up with all these events I’ve been going to lately so it seems there is a lot of listening in store for me this week!

2 thoughts on “Saturday’s Book: A TRIPLE Feature!”

1. Hi Naomi!

Wow – three books, what a treat! The first two I have not heard of….oooooon the list! It makes my family’s life easier, because they just look at the list (when it’s my birthday or Christmas) and they know I definitely don’t have those books! I have bought quite a few lately as well : )

Thank you so much,
    Vicky

2. I’m sure your family loves the list, Vicky!
    There are soo many tempting books out there, what a delight!
    Naomi