Saturday’s Book: “Visual Impact, Visual Teaching” by Timothy Gangwer

Not long ago I asked for recommendations for a useful book that my aunt in the U.S could send me for my birthday. By the way, the recommendations are here if you want to see them or add one of your own!

I’m glad I chose this book! I got a warm recommendation for this book. Although I duly noted that info I’m embarrassed to say that I did not note who recommended it – so if you are reading this post this THANK YOU is for you!

What I will do with ideas from the book in class is not a topic for a Saturday’s posting, but the book isn’t just for teachers. It is a book that enriches your knowledge of  visual information. There are some photography tips too, we’ll see if I remember them when taking pictures in Alaska!

I can’t resist sharing with you a lovely idea in the book. I was just flipping through the book and it was the first thing I read:

Page 184, activity 363 Gift Catalogue:

Have students make a list of things that can be enjoyed for free. Photograph those things and place them in a “priceless” catalogue.

4 thoughts on “Saturday’s Book: “Visual Impact, Visual Teaching” by Timothy Gangwer”

1. Hi Naomi!

Yay whoop! Thanks for the tip. I added it to my wishlist. I love that kind of books.

I love your blog and your writing style!!! I feel as if you are talking to us.

Kindest regards,
    Vicky

2. I agree! It was a enjoyable first read and it’s been a nice ongoing reference tool as well. The author has a blog: VisualTeaching.ning.com you might like.
    Davis